A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Friday, March 30, 2007

What’s Listening – The Boy Least Likely To


Every month I showcase a different artist and album that I’m currently listening to. More than just browsing these artists, I purchase an album from each group in order to give them a fair representation and to increase their availability to others.


This is an album I’ve wanted for a very long time, but everywhere I look it can’t be found. Finally I had my fill and forked out the cash to buy the CD online and have it shipped. From the moment I first heard The Boy Least Likely To I knew that I had to get the album, if for nothing else than the fun cover art.

I started receiving my free KCRW podcasts about this time last year and the very first podcast I got was a 40-minute segment with The Boy Least Likely To. I liked the light-hearted, feel-good music that they made and couldn’t help but crack a smile at the cheesiness of it all. But it’s that kind of flair that makes them stand out by being fun and loveable, without being sickening. It can be a slippery slope, but this album pulls it off with great ease playing favorites like “Be Gentle With Me”, “I See Spiders When I Close My Eyes”, and “Hugging My Grudge”. And, how could you not love a group with a song called “Warm Panda Cola”?

They’ve got a fun website with music and videos and games to check out at: http://www.theboyleastlikelyto.co.uk/home.htm
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive