A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Friday, February 06, 2004

"Early to bed and early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes." --Ender's Game

It's amazing how a school semester can sneak up on you so quickly! Suddenly, I've got full-length reports to write, proposals to draft and presentations to give. Needless to say, I've been kept busy with school and have somewhat neglected the weblog. Yesterday was the acme of my busy week, with a report to turn in, class all day, two 3-hour labs nearly back-to-back and dancing for a couple hours, all on about 4 hours of sleep. But since, I've been in a nice groove. Today I had lunch with my mom and Jan Petrini, who came down to drop off some stuff and to do a little shopping for themselves. Tonight I was able to just hang out, talk with some people online and even do a little reading, as the quote above might imply. I have a feeling that this semester Thursdays are going to be my 'sense of satisfaction' days, because it's the longest distance from a Wednesday.

I believe this weekend I'm going to a party dressed as a pirate. Unfortunately I've been told very little of this event, but I will soon learn more details tomorrow (at least before Saturday). The skinny so far is that I've been invited to accompany someone to this sororiety party being put on by one of my friends. Apparently the theme of the party is Peter Pan and so I seized this opportunity to give my best pirate impression under the given circumstances and short time notice. I thought about having my mom bring down my infamous Men in Tights green tights and matching skirt, but decided that without the matching shoes I would have been at a loss. Besides, I'm going to be a pirate!

"He's not an engineer. He's a Pirate!"
(cue Pirates of the Caribbean music)

Ok, so maybe not like that, but being a pirate for a day is cool nonetheless. I've got my costume all set-up, so all I need now is to know if I'm still going! We'll just have to wait.

For all of you Lord of the Rings fans out there, check out this surprisingly amusing music video!

I have more stuff to post, but that can wait until tomorrow when it isn't so late. Although, I'm only certain that I have one regular reader! Thanks Rachel!
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive