A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Quick Hits

I've been wanting to update for a while and now finally have the time (and effort) to do so. Here are some of the top stories from this past week:

Weekend Adventure: Went to Denver this past weekend for a wedding and had a fun time with the family. We went to the Brown Palace (got 5 free desserts thanks to Paul), saw the Broncos train, and even took the Coors beer tour. On the tour, your hand gets stamped if you're old enough to drink, which all of us in our group were except for Patrick. So after my hand is stamped, he presses the back of his hand to mine, not expecting much ink to rub off. Not only did it rub off onto his hand, but he was distracted by a phone call and wasn't paying attention to the lady who put on a wristband for him. The wristbands are used for them to gage how many free beers we drink at the end of the tour (up to 3). So needless to say, my 19-year old brother had three beers at the tour's end and my parents... didn't really care. These are the sort of hijinx that we Burzlaff's get ourselves into.

Tuesday Treat: As I was going back to work after lunch on Tuesday, my car died on me. It started fine, I pulled out of the parking lot and suddenly it died. I waited about an hour inside my car in the hot summer sun until the tow truck came. That was pretty crummy, but it could have been worse: it could have happened on the way to/from LAX or in Yosemite (again). What's worse is that as of yesterday the mechanics didn't know what the problem was. Granted they're down one mechanic and had lots of other cars to look at, but the more time that goes by without them knowing what's wrong, the more I worry it's going to cost. Hopefully I'll find out this afternoon what's wrong, and hopefully it's not too bad....

Everything Else in Between: After a rather stellar, fun weekend, it's been sort of a blah week. Aside from the car fiasco, no one is home this week, giving me more chores to do everyday plus lavishing attention on Callie (she gets depressed so easily when people leave). There was no food in the kitchen (couldn't even make Macs & Cheese last night) and work's been sort of slow this week. My right contact was really bothering me earlier in the week and my stomach's out of whack a bit. All this with other disheartening news has been too much of a reality check for my last summer at home. Life's like they say in "The Big Lebowski": strikes and gutters.

Extra: Something I stumbled across. Try "WMD", "secret", "die", "magic trick", and others. Be persistent because sometimes it doesn't register the first couple of times. Worth wasting 10 minutes of your day on.

That's it for this week's edition, tune in again next week!

 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive