A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Aftermath

It's officially summertime where time itself becomes quite paradoxical: the days drag on slowly but the week races by. Since the last post more interesting things have occurred, the foremost of them being a trip to Cambria with my friends, as sort of a graduation present to us all. Now that we're officially 21 and "gradumacated", it seemed like a nice idea to go out and share a typical Cambria experience with some friends. Well, we did that and more. By the end of the trip, we had been to a total of 8 wineries (an average of 2 per day)! Needless to say we consumed our fair share of alcohol along the trip which was at times relaxing and at others a bit more "interesting". All in all, we had great fun and really got to introduce Heidi (my school friend) to the Bakersfield crowd.

Afterwards, Heidi was able to stay around a couple of days before going back home to Houston, so I showed her around town (not much to see) and we turned Apples to Apples into a drinking game. Of course, the day after the drinking night I took my drug test for Aera, which won't show any traces of drugs, but might reveal how much alcohol was in my system. I wonder what they think they're getting themselves into with me? For Father's Day my brother the chef made some delicious rack of lamb, with grilled vegatables and all the other fixings. As a family we went through 3 bottles of excellent wine. I think for a while now, I'm going to be laying off the alcohol...... though I could drink wine for "medicinal" reasons.

Speaking of medicine, my mom had surgery yesterday to sort of fix up her internal organs. She's fine now and will be back home hopefully by Friday to rest up for weeks to come. While we were visiting her I kept waiting to see something wacky happen, and it was then that I realized I've watched way too much "Scrubs" episodes recently.

I start work Monday, so after then I should be online more to post about the random adventures that occur daily. Until then, go read a book!
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive