A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Souper Bowl

I seem to recall last year on the Super Bowl, I woke up late with a massive hangover (which is surprising as it seems I rarely encounter hangovers anymore), and I don’t really recall what I did the night before to warrant such head trauma. I guarantee, though, that it was a night of debauchery that has come to embody the spirit of the Super Bowl. I present you with this introduction because this past weekend was the Super Bowl and once again I fell into a weekend of debauchery like no other (sans the Sunday morning hangover). In the 2.5 days of my weekend, I consumed a total of 11 beers (plus a Long Island iced-tea) and of the 11 beers I drank, 10 of them were different types of beer (and I can recite all ten if asked). Regardless of a small interest I had in the actual game, the weekend turned out to be a great social event full of good food and good drink (resulting in good times). At the end of the day, I didn’t care so much who won or lost the Super Bowl, but rather I cared that my stomach felt like it was going to explode under a weekend’s-long duress of alcohol and too much food. Fortunately, I held out to drink and eat another day, although I did use some of the food to remind Robert about the weekend: “See we’re having soup in a bowl for dinner because of the Super Bowl. It’s our Soup-er Bowl.”
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive