A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Guilty

I have this weird idiosyncrasy where I like to dance in front of mirrors when I’m alone. When I’m dancing with someone else I try to avoid looking at any available mirror simply because I can be very self-conscious of myself in public. However, in private, I just let loose and do it more often than not. Since my house is full of mirrors everywhere, it’s easy to get away with. Sometimes as I’m walking down the hallway I’ll just rock out, even if there are people are in the kitchen on the other side of the wall. I time up the dancing so that all they’ll see is me walking by.

Well, this past weekend I was caught red-handed by Jessica as I was rocking out in front of the mirror in her room. I didn’t hear her approach the bedroom from the kitchen and so she saw me dancing in silence. I imagine that it was quite a sight to see. I immediately stopped and felt very awkward, like anyone might when having a very private moment with themselves.

“You’ve never rocked out by yourself before?” I asked her. She said she hadn’t. Personally, I think everyone should do something goofy when no one is watching; it adds a little spice to life. Just try not to get caught.

At least it makes for an amusing story.
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive