A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Friday, February 06, 2004

NINTENDOMANIA

I'm not quite sure what triggered it, but recently I've been wanting to play those classic Nintendo games!

You know, Super Mario Bros., Zelda, MegaMan, Castlevania, Metroid, etc.

I'm talking about the original ones here, the ones I grew up playing and loving so much, with the cheesy graphics and the even cheesier music and sound effects. I don't know exactly what it is but I can't stop thinking about playing them again. It's really amazing how many memories I have playing video games and how much of an impact they had on my life.

Perhaps it was all sparked when Patrick managed to get our old Nintendo system working. Or maybe it was when Robert and I saw that shirt in the mall while Christmas shopping:



I can't say for sure, but I know that it has been fuelled by watching these videos.

So how have I been coping? Well, I've found several original songs from games online and downloaded them. It's like using the patch, and for now it's only slightly satisfying my cravings. However, I've learned that I can start getting some of these old games for the GameCube. The Zelda Collector's Edition is already available and the MegaMan one will be out by May! Others may join them and soon I will be able to relive my childhood, for the most part.
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive