A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Friday, August 20, 2004

End of the Summer

Well it's finally here. The end of summer sneaked up on me and now I have to start getting ready to begin classes on Monday. Today is my last day of work; which has consisted of me cleaning up both my desk and my desktop. All this work is really cutting into my web browsing time!

Through some sort of miscalculation on my part, I thought I had an extra week of summer and that classes didn't start until the 30th. Fortunately my roommate called, as he was driving through town last Friday, and told me otherwise. The sudden loss of a week will really take its toll on me since I thought I had more time to relax and enjoy some last few breaths of freedom. But going back to school won't be all that bad. Well the classes will be bad (19 units this semester!). Going back though will allow me to go dancing again (school permiting), see some really great friends again, and even signifies the beginning of the football season! So I take the good with the bad, the strikes with the gutters (still love that analogy), and the a-pexes with the b-pexes (you wouldn't get it).

Going back to school also means that I will be online more than I was during the summer. I don't think that one 2-hour session every other week really counts as 'online time'. Hopefully I will be able to be more up-to-date with this log with some rather cool items, but all that depends on how busy I get. The good news is that I got the broken parts on my computer replaced (4 days before the warranty expired), so now my computer almost feels like new. Now I just need to find a way to get the edited material from our movie off my computer so it can run faster and then I'm set.

Our movie never got finished, though we really tried to complete it. What killed us in the end was that we got to a stopping point where we needed to rely on other people for cameos. However, coordinating schedules between more than just 2 people proved to be too much of a challenge. Also, the fact that of the past 4 weekends I was gone for 3 of them (I think Becca's been gone for all of them) doesn't help matters much either. We're still filming stuff and trying to get as much done as possible before I have to leave, but we've decided to hold off until winter break. Hopefully by then we can get the editting to work for us and actually piece this movie together. And hopefully we'll have better luck in trying to assemble an ensemble for our remaining scenes. Otherwise we're going to have to do a lot of rewriting (which we don't really want to do).

I'm supposed to have one final meeting shortly to sort of sum up my summer so I'll leave you at that, but I will soon be back at school, back online, and hopefully back with more ridiculous updates of my ever-continous wacky life.


 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive