A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Wednesdays suck, but today felt more like Tuednesday, so not really that bad....

Me: What's that?
Lindsay: It means goddamn you're hot!
Me: No, I meant the equation
Lindsay: Oh....


Do you ever have one of those days that at the end of it, you look back and it seems like those events happened yesterday or two days ago? One of those really long days that seems to equal two short ones? Well I had one of those days today! I literally spent 12 hours straight doing school-related work. By the time I had gotten back from my last class after 8pm, I realized that I hadn't eaten anything all day. In fact I hadn't eaten anything in the past 24 hours! I had been so busy with speeches and presentations and lab assignments that I didn't have time to eat. I felt like I was running late all day and constantly rushing from one activity to the next. Needless to say, I'm exhausted now!

But I made it through the day thanks to my spiffy outfit. I was quite the dapper man, as the quote above might suggest, wearing my khakis, blue-collared dress shirt, yellow tie, and my brother's leather vest leftover from my failed pirate attempt. All topped off with a clean shave and the argyle socks! And for my night class, I wore the matching leather jacket along with the vest to go for that ultra-leather explosion! I honestly think it was the outfit that gave me energy for the day. Sometimes it's nice to use school assignments as a means to dress-up and strut your stuff.

During my lab today, my professor, who's British, made the comment:
"...that the setup is something like you'd build with those Mechano sets as a child."
The entire class became confused and someone asked what a Mechano set is. Apparently it's like our Erector sets. I found one here:

We all laughed at his Britishness. He continued to explain the lab and mentioned that we gage the pitot tube by observing the bubble level. Noticing no reaction in the class he asked, "That is what they call them here isn't it? They're not called something like spirit levels or something, are they?"

Hehehe.... Spirit levels....

He also pronounced aluminum the British way then corrected himself for us. There's just something about the British that I like! Our noble friends across the pond....
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive