A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Today Is The Big Day

All the work that I had been building towards has all been leading up to this week. We met with auditors today to discuss what we do here at my work site and showed them around a bit. Unfortunately, the big project that I had been working on for the past several months wasn't even mentioned today. I'm torn because I spent all this time updating and validating information when I could have been doing other stuff, but on the other hand I'm relieved because we don't know what they would have expected and there's still a lot of work to be done on it. In the end, it's not like a complete waste of my time, since this will be looked at in the near future and be the target of even more data manipulation. The good news is that after this month, I will officially be in a different engineering role within the company and won't have to deal with this sort of stuff any more! This is a relief because these past few weeks I've seen potential workloads start to balloon. So I'm getting out of this job just in time to avoid correcting years of past work. Today went well, and I think so will tomorrow and soon I will be free from all of this! Just thought you should know....
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive