A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

It's That Time of the Week Again

"If I get mono from you, then together we'll have bio!" -- me to Amanda

I survived another Wednesday and I am now participating in the single greatest moment of my week: the furthest point from the next Wednesday! It's not that I hate my Wednesdays, because hatred nor disdain plays a role in my mid-week bias. Wednesdays are rather usually a product of my own undoing. It is the result of a week long procrastination for not one but two labs with guaranteed projects and a possible assignment from one of the other classes I have. Wednesdays are just long days, and become even longer when work is procrastinated until the night before or better yet the morning/afternoon of. Today's Wednesday consisted of a 5-minute speech and mini write-up on turbulent jet flow; both of which weren't started until about 11:30 last night. That along with a full 3-hour lab experience this evening has me drained. Someday I think my Wednesdays will redeem themselves for mistreating me so often, but until that day comes, I'm stuck with a new weekly dilemma.

I still haven't even recovered from my weekend. I spent upwards of 7.5 hours driving through California on Monday and woke up early yesterday morning to start on the work I didn't get to do over my 3-day weekend. It's amazing how much cross-country (rather cross-state) driving can take out of you! But it was worth it! I got to see so many wonderful people that I feel blessed knowing. I danced, I sang, I laughed, I stuffed myself with food, I rode the Bart, and I spent a car trip with a contagious friend. Everything a road trip should include.

Sometimes it feels like I'm living two lives. I live my school life which is entertaining for the most part, but at times, this semester especially, it can be too much. I can feel myself being suffocated by the boundaries and constraints of classwork, projects, presentations, etc.... I have only danced once in LA this entire semester and feel like everything I do is for class. It isn't a terrible life to live, but after this weekend, I've realized it's not the ideal life I want to be living. The other life I'm living is the ideal life for me, but won't allow me to stay for too long. This is the life of road trips, late nights with good friends, spending time at home with family and friends. I guess we all live these lives and try our best to strike a balance between the two. One is practical and resourceful the other is ideal and adventurous. All I know now is that after over a month of practicality, I am so ready for adventures.

But who knows what tomorrow might bring? Perhaps an adventure!
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive