A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Crazy Times Keep Getting Crazier

My what a busy week I seem to have caught myself up in! After a rather typical, mellow Monday and a chance to sleep in on Tuesday, the rest of my week will be long, tiring, and active.

Today was the first stage of it: with class at 9 then rushing over to a computer lab to finish some programming, then rushing over to another computer lab to finalize some parts of my C-Clamp design, then a brief 40 minute break to throw stuff together on Powerpoint, then off to my next 2 classes while shoving half a sandwich down my throat, and then my 3 hour lab that decided to be 3.5 hours today, which meant that I had to run over to a computer lab to get something for my part that I had previously forgot, rush back to my apartment just long enough to go to the bathroom and email my Powerpoint slides to myself, then off to my evening 3 hour lab where I printed out and submitted my slides.

I left my lab early because I had a headache and hadn't really eaten much all day. Unfortunately, my next two days, usually the more lax part of my week, will be much of the same. Tomorrow will consist of waking up early to meet with a group, then class until 4, then an interview, and then preparing for my speech and midterm Friday. Which means that Friday I have a speech and a midterm to do as well as an extra 2-hour choir rehearsal! Plus I think I may be getting sick.

Oooh.... just thinking about it all makes my head hurt! And after Friday, it won't be over just yet. I have a choir festival thingy Saturday (which we are totally UNprepared for) which will consume my whole evening. To top it all off, I have another midterm next Wednesday for my 3 hour evening lab that I'm told I won't be able to finish in the allotted time. Wait..... I can't finish this test in 3 HOURS!?! AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

BUT..... (there's always a but). But, after the test, it's smooth sailing to Spring Break! I don't have plans yet, but it won't consist of me running around campus from one long lab to the next. Maybe I'll go dancing. What's that? Dancing? Oh yah, I used to go swing dancing, back when I had a life.... In the past 11 weeks I have gone dancing 3 times. That's about once per month! If I kept this up for a year, I would dance 14 times total! I don't like those odds.

I just gotta keep expecting the best out of each day and hope that everything will work out for the best. I hate to imagine it, but it could be worse. My semester hasn't killed me yet, why should I start letting it now? Oh well, back to work.....
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive