A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Sunday, February 22, 2004

Another fun weekend, Another means of Procrastination

Sometimes I almost feel punished for trying to have fun outside of school. I venture out of the box I've been put into and suddenly I feel myself scrambling for control of my life. Case in point, this weekend. I spent Friday night with Rob's roommate Stella, who came down for the basketball game yesterday, and went dancing with Heidi and Natalie. I didn't get home till almost 1:30 and we all had a wonderful time. Stella spent the night, it being late and her not knowing where her troupe was staying. And so we enjoyed each other's company until she had to leave. After walking her over to the Sports Arena I came back and suddenly my Saturday was gone and I was exhausted. Which leads me to today and all the schoolwork that couldn't be done before now must be crammed into my remaining hours.

Since when did education mean giving up your free time to do extra assignments? Or giving up friends because they're swamped with work? If I have fun one day of the week, I spend the other days making up for it and almost regretting I even attempted doing something I would enjoy. Unfortunately, this is what my semester has turned into. And I know that I'm going to fight it and perpetuate my suffering, because I enjoy being active!

....And my tirade is over.

On a totally unrelated topic, they were filming some sort of movie on campus (as always). What was cool though about this was that they had a whole bunch of classic bicycles and 50's/60's cars, primarily old police cars with the circular siren on top, around for the shooting. They looked so cool and I suddenly was filled with the urge to obscond one of these cars or bicycles even to keep for myself. However, something tells me that if I did do that, I'd end up in the back of a police car rather than in the front.

For you LA drivers, it's officially true, we spend the most time in traffic than anyone else in the nation! This must be why LA drivers are so impatient! Well, at least it gives us time to think..... about how much we hate traffic. At times like these though, I'm thankful for Jazz Radio!

And finally, a little something for you Harry Potter or Greek lovers!


"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on."
-- Robert Frost
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive