A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Pre-Labor Day Post

For it being only the second week of school, I've been rather busy with school work. Granted I procrastinated on most of my assignments so I had to catch-up on them, but I've been trying to enjoy myself when I can. Sunday my brother came down and we went and saw Garden State, which was definately a great movie about that early adult angst. Good visuals, good music, good story, good actors/acting, just a very good movie. Definately go see it if you have the chance. I might have to get my hands on the soundtrack as well as the Shins CD's.

Wednesday night I went out with my roommate to meet up with one of his friends at a jazz club which was very awesome. The jazz was outside in a small patio that could hold probably 30 people or so, with most of the people there being jazz regulars (believe me, we could tell). The jazz was amazing, even when they forgot how to play "April in Paris" they just kind of made it up. We had a bottle of wine, a giant cookie desert thingy, and listened to jazz until about 1:30, when the soothing effects of all these elements took effect.

And of course I just got back from a late night of swing dancing. I gotta enjoy it when I can, before I bend over and get kicked in the ass by my semester. It was a very fun night though, especially when they played "I'm a Believer" (Monkees version) and "Somewhere Beyond the Sea" back-to-back. I realized that I really get into and enjoy dancing even more when I'm dancing to songs I really love. They were by far the best dances of the night for me and so much fun.

Tomorrow/Today I get to wake up early, go to class then leave for Bakersfield to meet with someone for my Senior Design Project, then head to the beach. In honor of Labor Day, I will be in Cambria with my family (those who are still around) for the weekend. I'm looking forward to some relaxation before classes kick it into high gear.

I'm going to head to bed, but I have finished compiling top 10 lists and am planning to release them after Labor Day, to officially kick-off the semester. Also, I probably have other posts I should write, including what my younger brother is up to (Mr. Norse Guy). So until next week, have a Happy Labor Day everybody!

 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive