A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Monday, November 08, 2004

Flubbity Flub

So I know it's been over a month since I've last posted, but frankly, recently I haven't found the energy (or the time) to care much. School has been way too controlling with homeworks, and projects and tests, etc. Plus on top of that it's my senior year, so I'm trying to enjoy my free time when I can. After being a deadhead last semester because of school, it seems like every spare chance I have (and some I don't) I'm out with friends having a drink, going to movies, dancing, going to parties, or designated driving. How do you expect me to keep up with all of it?

So a lot has happened since I last posted, but I'm not going to fill in details since I tried that once and my post got erased. Instead I will talk about my most recent adventure:

I went to Hollywood Saturday night because my friend just turned 21 and gathered a group of us to go out drinking and club hopping. We got a late start because of the late football game (we are all Trojan fans, of course) and so we lost some of the early nightlife. I was elected to drive one of the two cars since I made a commitment with my friend Erin to not drink and be a designated driver. I was fine with that especially since I didn't have the cash to spend on alcohol.

So we drove to Hollywood and parked along the street a long ways away from the action. On the ensuing walk, my brother Patrick calls and so I'm talking with him as we wander through the streets of Hollywood. Probably the highlight of my night occurred when, as we were walking and I was talking, we passed by David Cross. We also walked by Neil Flynn from "Scrubs" and David Koechner from SNL and "Anchorman" standing outside of the Olympic Improv. I later discovered that they had performed there earlier with their group called Beer Shark Mice. Patrick got an earful every time I walked by someone.

We eventually made it to a small, cramped bar and the other guys got their drinks. After about 30 minutes there we left in search of a nightclub to spend the rest of the evening at. We wandered along the streets until we found a place called "Deep" located at the corner of Hollywood and Vine. We got in for half price because we were a big group with a birthday girl, and so we ventured in for music, dancing, and booze. The music in the place was deafening, which made it impossible to converse with anyone, so all we could do was to either drink, dance or stand awkwardly. I, of course, was doing the latter two for a couple of hours. It was fun, but much more crowd and noise than I'm used to. When the music stopped at about a quarter to two, some people were fairly sloshed and we left towards the car.

About halfway back, we came across a theater supporting Mexican Independent Films or something of the sort. We meandered in and while a few of the guys found more beer to drink, others ventured upstairs to where music was being played. They had a small dance floor and were playing all sorts of songs, so we stayed and danced and goofed around for another hour or so. To me it was much more fun than the club, mainly because I could interact with people (and I liked the music better, for the most part).

It was bordering 3am so we left to head back to the cars. I tell you, there's nothing like drunk Trojans singing/screaming the USC fight song at 3am. Eventually we drove back to Marina del Rey where we met up at the beginning of the night. After some food, I decided to call it a night around 4am and headed home.

All day yesterday my ears were still ringing from the club and it wasn't until this morning that my otic senses finally started to work again. Moral of the story: next time I go clubbing, I'm bringing ear plugs. All in all though, I had a fun night out with friends, and with school going the way it has, I better cherish these moments while I can.

I'll try and be better about posting future adventures I have, but I won't make any promises. Also, once I get some pictures developed, I'll show and explain my Halloween costumes for this year!

Check back soon, the fun is about to get started again!
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive