A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Weekly Update

It's that time of the year again: cruchtime! Well actually crunchtime won't begin until after Thanksgiving and then it will get really bad. So before I disappear again, I'll recap a little bit about this past week's adventures.

My parents came down for the football game last Saturday and we had a good day of food and sports. Afterwards, they went back home and I went to a party at which I ended up having a fair amount to drink. My friend Ethan told me that I'm not all that different drunk, because I'm goofy enough to begin with, so not much changes. I was still fairly coherent anyway at the party, so I know I can probably drink a lot more. I have yet to try that out though. And I was coherent enough to teach the Shim Sham to Heidi, who was also inebriated. I ended up leaving the party around 4 or so while we were watching the Lion King with subtitles, which is as amusing as it sounds.

The next night I alluded to in my previous post, where my roommate and I suddenly decided that we would get trashed. Don't you just love spur of the moment drinking binges? The only difference though is that my roommate is lightweight so he was gone way more than I was. We ended up playing Smash Bros. and drinking til about 2 and then crashed, planning to go to classes the next day. Needless to say that didn't exactly happen, though I did manage to salvage a little bit of it. I think the next time my roommate and I decide to randomly drink we'll do it on a Friday or Saturday.

I ended up going back to Ethan's Tuesday night for dinner, drinks, and to play Settlers of Catan while playing the movie Roger Dodger in the background. I got to see Rachel's novel progress and had a good time. All of these activities are going on amidst work of course. I guess I'm just trying to enjoy myself before I really have to crack down.

This weekend's plans, aside from feeling the crunch, include going dancing tonight, even though I really shouldn't (Curse you Heidi!), and going to see the USC Opera tomorrow afternoon where my friend Elisa will be performing as the star! So no drinking is expected this weekend but after last week, I'm fine with not really having anything. I've learned this past week that food and alcohol in moderation are nice, but taken out of moderation can be a bad combination. So I'm going to try and lighten up on both. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to post once more before Thanksgiving, at least to share some random accounts that take place.

 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive