A Day in the Mind of Chris Burzlaff

The new and improved daily adventures and incomprehensible ramblings of my life.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Stepping Out

Last night was the last night of our swing lessons on campus for the semester. I haven't really been going at all this semester because I have a class Tuesday nights, but since we just took a test last week in that class (Engineering Economy, *yawn*) I skipped it in order to dance on campus one last time for the semester. And because it was the last class, they taught us the Shim Sham, which I' d always wanted to learn but never had. It's primarily a line dance that you can do by yourself. If you want to learn it, this site gives precise, but somewhat vague instructions to the entire dance. It really makes dancing in my room a whole lot easier now because I don't have to pretend I have a partner (well, at least until the very end of the dance).

In other news, I've enrolled in classes for next semester. I was fortunate enough to enroll in CTCS-466 Theatrical Film Symposium taught by Leonard Maltin. This is the one class that I've been looking forward towards since Freshman year, and now finally I get to take it. I was looking for a website to show off, but all I could find was the course description: Lectures and readings on creative problems in the motion picture industry; current films; interviews with visiting producers, directors, writers, performers. *shivers* Now I've gone and gotten myself all excited.
 

Free DHTML scripts provided by
Dynamic Drive